A crossborder groundwater monitoring system has been established through this project since groundwater level is of vital importance for the stability of English oak forest ecosystem. Collected data, complemented by local meteorological parameters, lay the foundations for development and application of new forest management measures.
• groundwater monitoring system consisting of 60 measurement points,
• setting up a network of automatic meteorological stations (6 pcs),
• cration the WEBGIS System (https://oak.geof.hr/gis),
• Study: Recommendations for adaptation to climate change in relation to the forest and aquatic ecosystems
Find more about the installation of monitoring wells: http://oakprotection.eu/hu/oak-protection-mecsekerdo-zrt-nel
Expected results in the future:
• Forest planning based on data series of groundwater level,
• Improvement of plain land water management and foundation of a long-term water governance activity,
• Creation and maintenance of natural forests.