Mecsekerdő Zrt. and HRVATSKE ŠUME d.o.o. Zagreb, Uprava šuma Podružnica Našice are pleased to invite you to the professional workshop and forestry training of the
„Protection of the English oak in the cross-border area (Oak protection)”
Venue: Headquarters of the Regional Committee in Pécs of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
(7624 Pécs, Jurisics M. u. 44. – Google Maps – GPS coordinates 46.082769, 18.210533)
Parking is available in the court of headquarters free of charge.
Appointment: 27th June 2018 (Wednesday)
- 09.30 – 10.00: Registration
- 10.00 – 10.20: Welcome speech – Miklós Szénási Head of Project and Development Division, Mecsekerdő Zrt.
- 10.20 – 11.00: Invasive plant species in the field of Mecsekerdő Zrt. – István Ripszám Deputy CEO, Mecsekerdő Zrt.
- 11.00 – 11.40: Invasive plant species in riparian forest ecosystem: status and perspective in the Oak Protection project – Jasnica Medak Senior researcher PhD, Croatian Forest Research Institute
- 11.40 – 12.20: Chemical treatments and experiments in the Oak protection project; Glyphosate in the European Union – István Szidonya managing director, SM Növényvédőszer Kft.
- 12.20 – 13.20: Lunch
- 13.20 – 14.00: Climate change and invasive species – two serious challenges of forest protection – Dr. György Csóka, NARIC Forest Research Institute
- 14.00 – 14.40: Fluvial sediements and groundwater-surface water interaction – Dr. József Dezső,Institute of Geography and Earth SciencesUniversity of Pécs
- 14.40 – 15.20: An overview of the hydrological framework of the Oak Protection project – Dr. Ivan Pilas, Senior researcher PhD, Croatian Forest Research Institute
The event will be bilingual and the Croatian – Hungarian consecutive interpreting will be ensured. Please indicate your intention to participate by 25 June 2018 at the latestvia e-mail or telephone (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The event has been organised with the financial assistance of the European Union.